Just 11% of employees want to be in the office full time, while the remaining 89% want the option of working remotely.
New research from Owl Labs found that 72% of UK staff work remotely to an extent and most (77%) are happy with their office hybrid technology. However, 43% think there’s room for improvement and two in five (41%) do not feel confident using the technology currently being offered by their company.
The global technology firm’s study discovered that almost half (47%) of management think hybrid technology could be used more effectively by their teams, while 62% of staff are comfortable using the technology available.
Frank Weishaupt, CEO of Owl Labs said: “For businesses looking to succeed amidst changing work patterns, they must view hybrid work as the founding principle of their business with clear strategies and processes in place so that employees not only understand how to use the tech tools available to them.
“Recreating in-person experiences through a more immersive tech stack will be crucial in bolstering employee engagement and creating more humanised experiences regardless of location.”
The research further revealed that half (50%) of businesses have employed new technology platforms to boost employee engagement with hybrid working. However nearly two in five (39%) that have done so have not witnessed any change in engagement among staff.
Weishaupt added: “Business leaders must also be aware of the emerging divide between managers and entry level roles. Given that a portion of the Gen Z workforce will have likely only ever experienced hybrid or remote work, it’s important that every aspect of the team is considered. A robust tech stack which creates a more immersive work environment, along with processes on the best ways to use them, will create a more engaged and productive workforce.”